What is Mobility?
Mobility can be summarised as having functional strength and range of movement to be able to do your day to day activities effectively.
Natural, functional mobility that we were all born with (but lost once chairs were introduced!)
The Air Squat
Why should I perform mobility exercises?
Performing mobility exercises can resolve pain, prevent injury and optimize athletic performance.
The better your mobility the easier the movement will be for you, and then you can start focussing on increasing strength and improving endurance as you are in a stronger position to start off with.
With the combination of the Daily WOD’s and mobility and flexibility training we can achieve greater results, and become better all round athletes!
How does it affect my life and athletic performance?
What will I gain/learn from doing a Mobility WOD?
- Prevent and rehabilitate common athletic injuries.
- Overhaul movement habits efficiently to use the body’s most effective physiology.
- Quickly identify, diagnose and fix inefficient movement patterns.
- Problem solve for pain and dysfunction.
- Fix poor mechanics that rob power, bleed force and dump torque.
- Unlock athletic capacity previously unused.
- Develop strategies that restore function to joints and tissues.
So what are you waiting for?! Let’s get mobilized!
Classes are available to everyone!
Please see ‘Opening Times & Timetable’ on Homepage for class times. BOOKING ESSENTIAL – Please contact us to book your place, as they are limited!
Each class lasts between 30-40 minutes.
They are included within the Unlimited Memberships, or cost £5 to Open-Gym Members or Non-CrossFit Incursion Members.